Friday 14 March 2014

                 Nutrition and Fitness Facts for a common man.



WAKE . RUN . LIFT . EAT . SLEEP. REPEAT.

Thats how I go on about my life. This blog is really my eagerness out of care for all of you out there wanting to achieve basic fitness and a good health.


It was only until today I thought that I was helping people telling them about fitness and nutrition in a scientific way without reason and explanation. Today after working out with my friend I was suggesting him about nutrition. Some facts like NOT TO eat fruits or have coffee and ice creams after 7pm. There were only 3 possibilities , either he understood it or he didn't or maybe he thought I was 50% correct. Now thats when I thought about posting a blog on some proven facts about Fitness and Nutrition for the people who are not from the Fitness industry or are the ones who think a trainer is helping them making you do 100 crunches and telling you to drink beer. 

Well I may not be a well known or very popular in this field but my only intention on this blog is to make you aware about same basic and TRUE FACTS of supplementations , trainers and workouts.

Let me tell you that there will be some facts that I don't know and some facts that I know so you have every right to post on my blog and if you feel I am wrong somewhere please comment and I will get back to you with a proven answer from my elite trainers who have been working with elite athletes and give you proper information regarding your questions.

Today we will be talking about the most common supplement which has 100's of myths 1000's of theories and in my words only Benefits. 

Proteins:

Now we all have studied proteins in school and heard about them from our trainers and fellow friends who take them. We always say he is bulking because he is on steroids or we put up biased judgements that he is on drugs , well I was one of them. For the really narrow-minded unknown fitness in their dreams "FAKESPERTS" who are always on about how to lose weight (which is a possibility that they lost muscle but not FATS) we see or we talk with the believe that protein's are steroids and they have side effects on the liver and kidneys get affected by taking protein and hundred's of more unbelievable myths that they spread to scare the hell out of us. Well frankly speaking I was one of them until I decided to do a personal trainer and a sports nutrition course myself. Let me tell you my own experience after I came to know about the myths , one of the positive effect on me was  I ordered a protein the very next day when I came to know how stupid I was thinking about the negatives of proteins.  Well till date I am consuming Proteins for almost 3 and a half years now. How is that for an experience ?

Well enough of blabbering lets get to business. Lets get to some basic myths on proteins.



Myths about Proteins:


1. Hair Fall - Well such a common fact that hair fall is caused due to protein intake. Well NO!!!!



"HAIR IS MADE UP OF PROTEIN" Supplementing protein prevents deficiency and reduces hair fall.




2. Skin problems - Oh well!! " SKIN IS MADE UP OF PROTEINS" Boom!! Hair and Skin are made out of a protein named KERATIN. 


The link below will answer all your questions.

Everything you want to know about keratin is in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratin




3. Pimples  (due to 'heaty' protein foods) - This is such a common myth between women and especially men who have pimples. In their dream experts ( fakesperts ) exaggerate about protein supplementation getting you pimples. Such a stupid thing to believe, isin't it ? NO!!

Protein are not 'heaty'. Heat is produced in the body when energy is used (BMR). 

What is BMR ? Basal metabolic rate. Yes we have studied this in biology during our schooling days.


Basal metabolic rate (BMR), and the closely related resting metabolic rate (RMR), is the amount of energy expended daily by humans and other animals at rest. Rest is defined as existing in a neutrally temperate environment while in the post-absorptive state. In plants, different considerations apply.
The release, and using, of energy in this state is sufficient only for the functioning of the vital organs, the heartlungsnervous systemkidneysliverintestinesex organsmuscles, and skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate 



4. Kidney Damage - NO! Excreting protein is natural work for a kidney. Only protein intake can't damage a healthy kidney. It has high capacity and doesn't get loaded. ONLY with a pre-existing kidney problem , quantity of protein is used limited. 


Everything about protein toxicity and how it happens.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_toxicity



We still won't stop consuming it, will we?



5. Liver Damage - NO!! Metabolizing protein is natural work for the liver. ONLY with a pre-existing liver problem like (jaundice/hepatitis), protein is restricted. Well even after knowing "alcohol" causes liver damage then why not try proteins as a substitute , eh ?




6. Impotence - Well protein is a basic nutrient for the body , to be precise the most important for skin, hair and muscle growth. Impotency is not even closely related to protein. Impotence  (Low levels of testosterone) is related to hormones and not proteins. 


The link below shoes the sign and symptoms and cause's of Impotency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erectile_dysfunction


Well these are the six common myths which need to be eradicated from our minds and hearts which make us doubt on certified trainers , nutritionists and the real experts and believe on "FAKESPERTS".

In my next blog I will be writing about the benefits of Proteins, how to choose the best protein and its intake. Mainly what is protein and how to use it. Well this is how I go about myself in day to day life , I see the problem verify it and then get on a conclusion. 

And always remember out MOTTO - WAKE . RUN . LIFT . EAT . SLEEP. REPEAT. 

If you have any doubts and questions regarding the blog style and the information please do comment or you can contact me through email.

4 comments:

  1. Great to know the facts.This world is definitely full of fakesperts! Great Blog Dishant! Good going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karishma :) . Appreciate your comment and encouragement :)

      Delete
  2. This course equips an individual to understand the concepts of and Nutrition Diploma and Nutritionist.Become a renowned Dietitian/Nutritionist and excel your career.

    ReplyDelete